Hi, I’m Janis!
I am a London based Data Scientist. I’m interested in more things than I have time for to study. I strive to understand algorithms, modelling approaches and programming principles from the ground up which I sometimes share on this blog.
- I work at Seldon in London. I focus on designing algorithms and developing software to enable monitoring of production machine learning systems.
- I develop and maintain a machine learning interpretation library Alibi.
- I’ve co-authored a paper on counterfactual explanations to machine learning model predictions.
- I did a PhD in Mathematics and Complexity Science at the University of Warwick, supervised by Samuel Johnson. My thesis is on Network Science—understanding and modelling complex interconnected systems.
- I’ve mentored startups about productionising their machine learning in the Google Cloud ML kickstarter.
- I’ve participated in several Alan Turing Institute Data Study Groups and European Study Groups with Industry.
- I’ve taught Maths & Stats and computing to undergraduate students in Mathematics and Business students at the University of Warwick.